Search Here!

October 16, 2012

Running Songs

For no good reason whatsoever...I want to talk more about the running thing. A few weeks ago I mentioned movies that have running scenes in them, and that led me to music. These are not necessarily the best songs to work out to, but they are about running.

Running on Empty-Jackson Browne
This is the first song I think of when I think of running songs. Nothing really profound...just a good song.

I Run For Life-Melissa Etheridge
This is Etheridge's tribute song to Breast Cancer and is referring to the Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure runs across America. Etheridge herself is a survivor, and this song is really quite inspiring. I tear up whenever I hear it.

Run-Snow Patrol
This is the song that put Snow Patrol on the map. I remember hearing it when I lived in Nashville. I had just dropped my boss off at the Nashville airport and was driving her brown Ford Explorer. It came on the radio and I was captivated. "Light up, light up. As if you have a choice." Great song.

Ready To Run-Dixie Chicks
This is kind of the anthem for the movie Runaway Bride. It's just a fun country song.


I Run To You-Lady Antebellum
I love Lady Antebellum. And this is one of their best songs. It's a cheesy little song about being able to face a hard world because you have someone who loves you. Sweet.

Running on Sunshine-Jesus Jackson
I love this song so much. I heard it on Grey's Anatomy years ago, and bought it immediately. It's got a great beat, and sound, and the words are super fun.

Run Around-Blues Travelers
I have a knack for memorizing lyrics. And there are a few songs that have really fun and fast lyrics. This is one of them, I know every word, and I love to sing it.

Of course there are TONS of songs out there that reference running, but these are just a few that I love. 
Which ones come to mind for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment