Search Here!

October 23, 2012

What I am ACTUALLY Watching

I've decided to tell you what I am actually watching, since we all go back and forth about TV so much on this blog. These are not in order of importance or favorite at all. They are kind of in order by genre if anything. If you are watching a show you want covered on the blog, then feel free to write up a post and send it to me at catidwell222@gmail.com I'd love more writers and more input. As you can see, I have my hands full. Some spoilers below on various shows...

The Walking Dead-So much misguided anger this season! And I want them to take baths. I've been around West Georgia and there are TONS of creeks and lakes. No reason to be filthy. Also, I might be late to the game, but as I watched the first episode of Season 3, I couldn't help but think...."OH...so THE Main Characters are the walking dead..."
666 Park Avenue-If LOST, American Horror and Gossip Girl had a baby it would be this show.
American Horror Story-Since so many shows have come back this season causing "meh" reactions, I gotta say I'm glad AHS is attempting a different storyline altogether. And wow, they are off to a great start!
Dexter-I always thought the show should END with Deb finding out about Dexter, so now that we've crossed that bridge I'm a little indifferent about things at the moment. Where is this gonna go?
New York.
SVU-Mariska Hargitay. Enough said.
Scandal-I am so conflicted over this show in so many ways. But I will stick around cause I love old Shonda.
Homeland-This is what Scandal wishes it were.
Revenge-I have never LOVED a Season 1 so much only to hate Season 2 so much. Get it together!
Grey's Anatomy-Have I mentioned that this needs to be the last season? Cause it needs to be. I hear Neve Campbell is coming on...NO NO NO, no more new people...wind it down please.
Parenthood-Best. Show. On. TV.
Nashville-Connie Britton was fabulous, and even though the 10 months I spent in Nashville weren't great, this makes me want to go back a give it another try. Plus...I mean, it's about music!
SmashI was hate-watching this show last season, and I will do the same this time around.
Glee-When Glee gets emotional, so do I. The Break-Up episode was Glee at its finest. More character building, less cheesy plot please.
Once Upon A Time-Again, strong Season 1, but this time around it's just losing steam.

Long Island
SNL-Sure it's all political at the moment, but soon it might find a nice retreat back into the relevant references of pop-culture. Best skit so far was either Bond Girls or Tech Talk.
30 Rock-I'm a fan in every since of the word. I will miss them after this season!
The Office-Dying a slow and painful death...
Community-I am cynical that without Dan Harmon it will be any good, but when done well, this show is pretty close to perfect. Oh...IF IT EVER COMES ON AGAIN!
Parks and Recreation-Thank God for Ron Swanson, Donna and April!
Up All Night-I am really rooting for this one, but I need more Maya and Christina interaction.
Raising Hope-This is so underrated, but it really delivers every week consistently.
Brooklyn
Two Broke Girls-Ok...so this is my "sleeper hit" of the year. My friend Joni was watching and told me to check it out. I fully expected to hate it. It has a laugh track, manufactured banter, and lots of sexual innuendo. And yet, I LOVE IT. The girls are adorable and the set up of the show is clever.
Modern Family-Another consistently strong show.
The Neighbors-Don't judge me...but this show is really cute. Yes, there are aliens, but I have been showing it to my Chinese students and they LOVE it.
The New Normal-Ryan Murphy, creator of Glee, American Horror Story, and Nip/Tuck, kind of took a few characters and plots from a few different shows and mixed them into this one. It's working, but I don't think it will last too long. Still, I like it enough.

That's at least 20 hours of TV a week. I will probably add Criminal Minds, Body of Proof, Gossip Girl, and sprinkle in some Real Housewives (New Jersey and New York) here and there. And I would LIKE to start on How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, and Downton Abbey.

I guess you could say, I watch TV like it's my job.

How many hours a week do you watch? BE HONEST!

5 comments:

  1. I fully support getting your GG on as well as your DA. You are nearly three seasons behind on DA and what, 8 behind on GG (throwing a # out...no research was involved). haha

    I can't wait for you to do a blog comparing Emily Gilmore with Lady Grantham. When you get to the episode where LG asks, "what is a 'weekend'?" you'll know why we love her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I totes wish you were watching America's Next Top Model this round. There's a NUTZO girl from Georgia on there. She cries home to her mama all the time. And says she can't taste food since she's away from her mama. It's like watching an ongoing train wreck. You can't look away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man I love a good reality NUTZO! The thing that keeps me from watching GG, DA, and HIMYM is that I own them now on my iTunes, and so I can access them ANYTIME. Whereas I like to utilize the magical Chinese internet while I can.

      And honestly, the reference to "what is a weekend" I haven't seen it, but being here in China I can TOTALLY relate. It ALL FEELS LIKE A WEEKEND!

      Delete
  3. It's actually not that hard to watch 20 hours of TV if you think of it as slightly less than 3 hours a day... :)

    That being said, we have the TV on at our house way A LOT. It's pretty much always on in the background even if no one is actively watching and many times if I'm alone I prefer the noise for company/comfort.

    I need/forsee a TV "catch up" weekend in my future. Between being out of town, football season and marathon training I have not settled down to really watch/catch up other than Sunday nights (Amazing Race/Dexter/Homeland/RHONJ when it was on). I've been told I should watch the 1st season of Revenge...worth it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way about TV, but my background noise is usually either 30 Rock (cause i have it all memorized) or a movie. Something like Easy A, Mean Girls, Baby Mama, etc.

      As far as Revenge goes, I am soooo irritated about it. Season 1 is phenomenal. Like shockingly so. But this season really drops off to me, and my friends agree. There's nothing at stake or something. So watch at your own risk if you go into Season 2!

      Delete