Search Here!

May 25, 2012

Drinking With Shonda Rhimes

I'm drinking with THIS tonight!
You've heard me mention Shonda Rhimes a few times now. It's no secret, I'm a fan. Shonda's first baby was Grey's Anatomy, and back in the day, Grey's had some really great stuff going for it. Since then, Shonda has given birth to Private Practice, and Scandal. I watch them all. Why? Because the woman knows how to write characters, even if the plot is lacking from time to time. Unfortunately, with all those TV shows sharing a matriarch, there are bound to be some blatant similarities. You can be annoyed by this, or you can capitalize on it. I'm up for the latter.

In a recent blog I realized that it was way past time for a Shonda Rhimes drinking game! And YES, I know that most drinking games are for college students who are gathered in large numbers, each contributing their own 6 pack of PBR, hoping to find someone to hook up with (are they still saying hook up?). So this one, of course, has a bit of a twist. Think of it as more like the drinking game for the 30-50 year old woman. Which means wine is most likely the drink of choice. Followed by a hot bath and vowing to finish that book before you fall asleep tonight with your glasses on. How's that for context? 

THE SHONDA RHIMES DRINKING GAME


3 Drinks every time a character begins and ends a passionate monologue the same way. 


2 Drinks for every time a character says, "You don't GET to..." 

1 Drink for every time a man has better hair than the woman he is talking to. Watch out for scenes with McDreamy.

2 Drinks for every time 2 people go into a supply closet/private room/ elevator/oval office to..not talk.

1 TEENY TINY sip for every time you see blood. It can get ugly fast, so be careful on this one.

Gulp it all down for every time a main character dies. You're gonna need it anyway when that happens, and it WILL happen.

1 Drink and for every song you Shazam.

3 Drinks every time you see a character (extras included) appear on more than 1 of Shonda's shows in the same month. It will happen. Addison can't stay away from Seattle Grace. And Meredith's father is working for the President! Overlap is bound to occur!

1 Drink for every time a male character pouts. 

1 Drink for every time a female character acts like a man. Christina, Olivia, and Amelia, we're looking at you.

1 Drink for every nickname used.

3 Drinks for a new nickname.

1 Drink for every time you hear the words, "seriously," "my person," or "I don't want to lose you."

1 Drink for every time a character uses medical or political jargon that sounds like it could be legit.

1 Drink for every time someone betrays someone else.

3 Drinks for every affair.

Here's to being alive...for now!
(Look at me back there..Irish Amber! Ha! I'm drinking with Grey's!)
That should do it! It's Friday, have fun!!! I think I'll start Grey's Anatomy from the beginning...again!

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea although I think you'd be hard pressed to make it through an episode of Grey's sober!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should do this when I get back Meg!

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched Grey's for years, but I love the drinking game. You should do a Glee one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glee drinking game! YES! Except...I feel bad about doing that for a show geared toward teens!

      Delete
    2. Ummm....they have alcohol and S-E-X on Glee. Remember...you have no shame!

      Delete
    3. Oh right. I'm on it!

      Delete
  3. I feel like you would enjoy Cougar Town. New favorite guilty-pleasure show. Revels in snark and is pretty much a half hour long drinking game (in which the characters also drink copious amounts of wine): http://youtu.be/qayHl5tcI3o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen Cougar Town, and I found it's one of those shows that's really fun to watch with friends and wine. I am often surprised it's still on the air, but then it's pretty much an exact replica of many of my friends' lives in California. I should catch up on it....but first I need some wine.

      Delete