Search Here!

May 29, 2012

Is Zac Efron A Man Yet?



This could be the start of something new.
I bet you remember the first time you saw him. I know I could never forget...it's been...gosh, what...six years now?  I kept hearing from my friend's kids, and pretty much anyone under the age of 14 about Disney's High School Musical. Zac Efron was the star. When I saw him, I think I used the word, "cute" to describe him. I tried to treat him like he was nothing more than a puppy. I watched the movie, a little envious as 5th and 6th grade girls swooned over him reminding me that I shouldn't. But then later that year, I couldn't help but notice when he cut his hair. It aged him a little. I was glad.
I know, something has changed, never felt this way.
Then there was that day in the doctor's office waiting room....no one was around, so when I saw that article about him and that bitch Vanessa Hudgens in People, I had to read it. You know she's not even that pretty, and when she talks, she sounds like she might have three brain cells which she obviously employs to remember the words to her nasally ballads. As I read on, I commended the longevity of their relationship, chalking it all up to Zac's gentlemanly behavior, his traditional values. I'm sure he didn't want to hurt her, but when I heard about their break up a few years later, I was glad. She could only hold him back. 
Breaking Free
For a while Zac went off of my radar. Then one day I received a poster of the above image from a friend. I felt dirty, and excited. But mostly dirty. Even so, I couldn't get rid of something so beautiful, so I put it up on the back of the guest room in my apartment. Before the poster there, I rarely spent time in the room. After though, the guest room became more of an office for me. I spent more and more time in there...with the door closed. When I hosted slumber parties for the teens at church, they giggled profusely over the poster. This was my ultimate justification for keeping it when anyone asked: "But the youth really love it when they come over!" They came over maybe twice a year.

When I moved out of the apartment, I think I gave the poster away. I couldn't carry into adulthood with me. But I didn't forget about Zac. He just moved back into the recesses of my mind. Where he froze as an eternal teenager. 

That is...until a few months ago. 
I can't take my eyes off of you.
Zac's name started to surface among my friends in January. The preview for his new movie was out, and it was swoon worthy to say the least. Suddenly, the boy with the cartoonish eyebrows and the squeaky voice had broad shoulders and facial hair. His eyes were less curious, more smoldering. My usual conversations about Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds were now about Zac Efron. On Skype one night, one of my friends actually had me Google and send her pictures of him. She didn't want them on her computer for her husband and kids to see. Another friend and I chatted on FB recently about celebrities we'd like to sleep with. Hesitantly, Zac's name came up for both of us.

There's no denying that he is gorgeous. But something feels so wrong about lusting after someone so young! We've waited long enough. We want an answer to the lingering question on all of our minds:  Is Zac Efron a man yet? 

Let's examine the evidence: 

Age: Today, my 48 year old friend told me that Zac is 24. (She just knew that information right off the top of her head!) For all practical purposes, 24 is out of college, possibly even out of grad school for the ambitious. 24 is the age my mother was when she gave birth to me. 24 is considered an adult age in the real world, but does it count in celebrity world? 
This feeling's like no other.
Physique: Look at that body. It's in great shape, but is it the body of a man? It's not the body of most men I know, but all of the right elements are there. Go on, look at it again. Just for fun.

Career/Movie Roles: Zac is no longer playing the part of a high-schooler. In The Lucky One, he plays the typical Nicholas Sparks character that every woman is supposed to fall in love with. He's done a few tours at war, which is an automatic aging device, and there is a pretty intense sex scene between him and leading lady, Taylor Schilling. In the upcoming movie, The Paperboy, fellow actress, Macy Gray describes Zac as being "in his underwear half the time." Also, Nicole Kidman urinates on Zac in the movie. Seems like an odd rite of passage, but I think it counts as a pretty grown-up move. Maybe the most convincing role will be one that is still pending. It's rumored that Zac could possibly play the infamously sexy, Christian Grey, in the movie adaptation of the erotic best seller, Fifty Shades of Grey. There is no doubt that a role like that would definitely signify a coming of age for Zac. 
What I've been looking for.
I know there's a fine line on this one, but solely based on the evidence presented in this blog today, I think the verdict is that Zac Efron IS a man. 

What do you think? Support your case!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty sure him being 24 puts him in spitting distance of being appropriate for you. :P Although, I don't know if I can really date someone younger than 25. To think, we once thought 25 was O.L.D. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, that's what this blog was all about...deciding if he is appropriate for me! Ha!

      Delete
  2. I'd hit it. If that makes me a cougar, so be it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the opportunity presented itself, you should definitely test him out. See if he's a man now. And REPORT BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you ALL will be the first to know!

    ReplyDelete