Search Here!

November 13, 2012

My Team-By Vicky

You’ve probably played it at least once.  We may call it something different, but I refer to it as “My Team.”  It may have been a Facebook game, you might have pondered it when you were watching Zombieland or considered the situation when debating whether or not to read Pride & Prejudice & Zombies .  Who you would want around you during a Zombie Apocalypse?  Who would you trust?  This hypothetical group usually consists of people you know and characters from movies/TV shows.  
I’ll give you an example, my example.  If the Zombie Apocalypse happened, I would want the following people on “My Team.”  
  1. My husband, Paul.  He and I have discussed extensively about what would go down if one of us were bitten and we know what to do.  Say goodbye, I love you, and then it’s a bullet to the brain.  Don’t even let me turn.  We agree on this 100%.
  2. My dogs, Chance and Reese.  They would protect us and keep us warm.  
  3. My best friend, Natalie.  I would want her around at the end of the world.
  4. My friend, Gary.  He’s a badass.  Enough said.
  5. Another friend, Greyson.  Doctor and lifelong friend, check.
  6. The group from Zombieland.  They are all awesome and hanging out with Emma Stone/Wichita wouldn’t suck.  
  7. A few people I don’t care much about as bait.  (You know you need it, don’t judge me).
  8. Daryl Dixon
Yup.
For those of you who don’t know, Daryl Dixon is a character on AMC’s The Walking Dead.  This is a show about zombies and the people who are left behind after the infection.  It is intense to say the least and though I am not a fan of gore and horror, the stories of the living are compelling.  I am absolutely obsessed, waiting all week for Sunday to roll around so I can found out what the hell is going to happen to my misfit band of zombie survivors.  

Daryl Dixon is my favorite character.  Warning, some spoilers ahead.  He started out with as a smaller role in Season One, but by Season Two he had become a part of the group and worked his way into my heart.  He is a badass, he cares despite himself, and he protects people who left his brother cuffed on top of a building for goodness sake.  He’s a southern boy who knows how to handle a crossbow and his determination to find Sophia was downright heartbreaking.  

Daryl has grown from the annoying little brother of bad-boy Merle to an important and intricate member of the group.  He has become Rick’s right hand man; he has taken on some of the burdens that have plagued the group and Rick relies on his skills and instinct more than anyone else in the group.  He had an intense moment in the woods during the search for Sophia, but came out better for it in the end.  I adore him and I would want him on my team, even if he was having a broody moment.
Truer words have never been memed.
So if you haven’t watched The Walking Dead and think that maybe you wouldn’t be interested, let me just tell you as a person who doesn’t like zombies and gore, it is a show worth watching.  The makeup alone is amazing, but the characters, storyline, and relatable fantasy really make it worth the watch.  So go on, it’s available on Netflix, On Demand, online.  Jump on the bandwagon and don’t be afraid, Daryl Dixon will protect you.
Just had to throw in one more picture...

Who would you want on “Your Team” for the Zombie Apocalypse?  Who’s your favorite character on The Walking Dead?  


7 comments:

  1. Vicky - Daryl is my fave too! The quiet badass wins everytime. He's efficient. He has the team's back. He's ready when Rick falters. And his moral compass is usually dead-on. It also doesn't hurt that he has amazing delts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the most entertaining posts I've ever read about a show I don't watch. Which I will probably start watching now. My favorite team members and reasons: #1 and #7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I have another victim... ahem, fan. Please do try watching it, it is probably one of the most amazing shows on TV in my humble opinion. I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  4. I love Darryl too, but since you've got him I'll take Glenn. He's smart, he's fast, and he's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Glenn a lot too, he's definitely there for everyone and his relationship with Maggie is sweet and a nice addition to the show. He's also the go-to guy who makes it through. But Daryl ultimately wins it for me. Especially after the last episode. Rick is losing it!

      Delete