Search Here!

December 21, 2012

Christmas Advertising--Vicky


Well, I’ve introduced you to what is probably the most obscure song you’ve never heard of which is my most favorite Christmas song.  I thought I’d continue the theme of favorites and talk about my favorite holiday commercials.  Every year, there are Christmas commercials trying to top Christmas commercials.  It starts with Black Friday (The Crazy Target Mom – kinda missed her this year) and goes through to the after-Christmas sales.  Christmas is my favorite time of year and with it come some pretty amazing commercials.  

I’ve compiled my top four favorite Christmas commercials.  Some are old, some are new.  I have a few comments on them, but mostly, I just want to share the laughs and holiday cheer.  Enjoy!

Hershey’s Holiday Bells – We Wish You a Merry Christmas

This is probably my top favorite commercial.  It is a bit older, but I don’t feel like its Christmas until I see this commercial pop up on my TV.  I adore it.  Sweet, simple, and cute.  The little guy at the end… “Whew!”  You can’t help but smile.

Garmin

Most of Garmin’s commercials are pretty funny and cute, but this one is my favorite.  It was one of the first when they were starting the “Give a Garmin” campaign.  It’s the best for one, simple line: “Need a waxing now, Got a unibrow.”  And the Chinese food guy, “Ding, dong, ding, dong.”  HA!

M&Ms, They DO Exist!

This is another “older” one.  If you look at the bottom in the beginning, the copyright is 2006.  But it’s still as funny and cute as it was 6 years ago.  I’m glad they haven’t changed it and I’m a sucker for a “good” Santa.  What I mean by that is there are OK Santa’s and then there are the good Santa’s.  The ones you look at and they make you believe again.  They are perfect and the Santa in this commercial is one of the best.  Plus you gotta love the Peanut M&M, “Santa?”

Connecting Flights, This Season’s Must See

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  You thought it was a real movie, didn’t you?  We all did!  Which is why it’s so much funnier when they plow into that refrigerator.  The first commercial Sear’s did with this concept was like this Abercrombie & Fitch beach love thing and I literally crack up every time I see it.  (If you want to see it, too, go here).  This one is the same; I can’t help but fall down laughing when I see it.  My husband calls me into the room when it comes on so I can enjoy the hilarity of it.  Oh, Sear’s you got me!

So what do you think?  
Funny how 2 out of the 4 are candy commercials, huh?  
What are your favorite Christmas Commercials?




1 comment:

  1. The Garmin commercial posted is the wrong one. I must have put in the wrong link. Here is the right one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcPk6KKyfVE
    Got a unibrow!

    ReplyDelete