Search Here!

July 19, 2012

Elizabeth Banks AND Elisabeth Shue



Have you ever gotten these two confused? I mean, even though there's a 11 year age gap between them, somehow I merged them into one person in my head. It wasn't until Elizabeth Banks showed up on 30 Rock as Avery, that I realized...oh...that is actually NOT Elisabeth Shue. But come on, they resemble each other right?

















I could bore you with all of their bio information that would give nods to their similar "girl next door" roles and personas. 






I could also give you quotes about their desperate attempts to fight that Hollywood pigeonhole and work their ways into sexier roles.









I could write all about the things that other celebrities have to say about them, which is all the stuff you might hope. They are both wonderful to work with. Pleasant, kind, and beloved. With the exception of a few minor misunderstandings they have both managed to stay out of any controversial celebrity drama.

I could even pit them against each other and convince you how much better one of them is than the other. (Which would be ridiculous because no way has Banks had time to prove herself yet...Shue would win hands down.)



But I don't want to have to choose one! I just want to shout out to these two awesome actresses. I think they are both great actresses, beautiful and yet, totally normal people. Both are happily married with kids, and seem grounded in their respective lives. 























I can't wait to see where Banks' career takes her. And don't tell me you didn't WISH that Elisabeth Shue was your babysitter back in the day?  More celebrities like these two PLEASE!!!





3 comments:

  1. Thank you to clarify my doubt. As from now on I'm sure: they are two persons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mix them up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Elizabeth Banks walk into a bathroom, and Elisabeth Shue walked out, so I'm a bit suspicious.

    ReplyDelete