Search Here!

July 2, 2012

Once Upon A Time...There Was This GREAT Show!

I just finished the first (and only so far) season of Once Upon A Time. WOW!


Now look, you really have to put on your belief suspenders (not gonna lie, I stole that from my friend Romelle) to get into this show. But you watched Lost, or at least Castle, so I'm sure you can handle this one. It takes the fairy tales you have enjoyed all your life and mixes them together as though they all happened in one place. The characters intertwine and connect in ways you don't see coming. And it turns out (snapping my belief suspenders here) that all of those characters live in THIS world now but there is a curse on them preventing them from remembering anything about their lives before, in the fairy tale land. The goal is for the curse to be broken, and only one woman can do that. I know...I know...but you guys...YOU GUYS...just trust me. This is a great show. 
And they're dating in real life too! Awwww!
Because the Evil Queen isn't just evil, she has depth. She feels so deeply, she's been hurt before. I had a therapist once that said if you don't deal with grief when it comes then it will find you later in life and it will affect you and everyone around you. We come to find out this is true with the Queen and many other characters! We get to see the flaws in them, how they are always up for making a deal in order to "save" someone only to have that deal hurt them down the road. We get to see that good and evil are not so black and white. And part of the fun of it is predicting who will be what fairy tale character. 
Like a magical Brady Bunch plus some mystery minus the lisp.
I don't want to spoil this show anymore than I already have, but you need to watch it. Oh, and the acting is great! Ginnifer Goodwin is really the only main person you've heard of in it, but the others are excellent too. They are all beautiful and really buy into the roles. It's surprisingly smart and I am excited to see where they go with things next season! There are so many stories for them to play with! 


It's summer, it's hot, what else are you doing? Watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment